Affordable Housing Owner-Operator
Regional Property Manager
Back to Job Seekers Career Page
KM Partners has been engaged in the search for an Area Director for a Top-10 Affordable Housing Owner in the US. With a long-established and highly respected track record of developing, managing, and financing communities for low-income families, seniors, people with special needs, the formerly homeless, and veterans, this mission-driven nonprofit organization provides industry leading training and professional development programs to continue to advance the skill set of their most prized asset, their people.
During our partnership with this client, the majority of the 12 professionals we’ve successfully placed up through the Regional Director & VP levels, have been placed into newly created positions due to growth. This company is vertically integrated and very well capitalized with an expanding national footprint. Senior leadership’s focus on succession planning is opening the door for accelerated growth opportunities for top performers.
A Regional Director we placed recently described the team and culture as “stimulating, motivating and energizing”.
Make a difference and work alongside other Affordable Housing professionals who are dedicated to creating a more humane world where poverty is alleviated, communities are healthy, and all people can develop their full potential. Work with an organization that believes Affordable Housing and supportive programs improve the economic status of residents, transform neighborhoods and stabilize lives.
Our client is seeking a highly competent Affordable Housing Property Management leader. They’re offering incredible room for growth, and high performers who master skills quickly will be given more responsibility, earn consistent promotions, and advance rapidly.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
• Leadership opportunity offering an increasingly high level of responsibility
• Drive the operations of a growing Affordable Housing portfolio throughout Northern California, including Multifamily and Senior properties (LIHTC & HUD)
• Absorb growth in the portfolio and assist in onboarding properties to meet the demands of their robust pipeline
• Report directly to the Regional Director who’s been with the company 12+ years
o Offers strong mentorship, coaching and guidance to ensure continued success and growth
o This Director was recently recognized by the company for strengths in team building and employee retention within this portfolio
• Ensures that rent collection procedures are followed and benchmarks are achieved, occupancy levels are at budgeted levels and higher, if possible, and property budgets are developed and managed proactively, contracts are regularly reviewed and negotiated, and all regulatory compliance requirements and reporting are followed, monitored, and completed
• Responsible for ensuring that physical guidelines are achieved at each property, in accordance with expectations of ownership and/or Operational Excellence as well as adherence to the preventative maintenance schedule established for each property
• Fill all property staff positions with competent, qualified professionals and ensure that positive, collaborative internal and external relationships are fostered and maintained and that requests are responded to in a timely manner
• Confirm that resident concerns are appropriately addressed in a timely manner and that the site staff are providing great customer service to residents and working closely and effectively with Resident Services and third-party service agencies to meet the ownership's service objectives at each location
• Relate well to people from a variety of diverse backgrounds and exercise strong written and verbal communication skills
• Interpret and understand financial information generated from property management software reports
If qualified, please contact:
Kelly McCollins | Associate Consultant
303.495.2109 | firstname.lastname@example.org